Friday, January 13, 2012

Bold treasures

So like I promised I have put some outfits together from my own wardrobe to show you how to wear bold colored denim and denim with a pattern. When Alicia and I were on our usual sale hunts around the mall we found that Gap was having an extra 40 percent off their sale items. I found a pair of leopard denim that I instantly fell in love with, and I haven't even told you the best part yet. They only cost me SIX DOLLARS!!!!!!! I didn't know how I felt about this trend, but these pants can be worn much like any pair of black or blue jeans, since the print is light and the texture is barely there. You just want to make sure that you don't wear a top with a similar pattern because you will end up looking like the lead singer of an 80's hair band. Keep the rest of the look simple, either wear a plain chunky sweater for winter or a bright colored basic to keep the style fresh and fun for spring.

 If you end up buying some colored denim after you  read this blog (which you should,) and you want to ease into the trend, the best way to do it is with a simple basic tee. You can let the pants do the talking and keep the rest simple. I added in some leopard wedges and some chunkier bracelet's to make the look a little more fun and my own.



If you wanted to dress them up a bit and are a little more daring you can add a bright colored top. I love emerald green and cobalt blue together. The shirt is silky, off the shoulder with an exposed zipper which can be very classic and edgy at the same time (don't mind how wrinkled the shirt is.) This color blocking is not a new trend but is making its way back around, don't be shy at experimenting with colors, a bright orange handbag would like amazing with the colors i have on above. I decided to keep the rest of my look simple here with just some black booties . This trend is so great because it gives us the opportunity to partner colors together that we probably never would have gotten the chance to use otherwise. Who's ready for spring :)



So here are my beloved 6 dollar jeans, I paired them with a navy blue chunky sweater, black pumps, and a chunky statement necklace

1 comment: